The University of Newcastle
Jessica Williams has been using Virtual Reality (VR) since 2017 in the specialised field of nursing and midwifery at the University of Newcastle. In this presentation Jessica shares her research findings surrounding Virtual Reality and highlights valuable considerations for any faculty currently using, or looking to adapt VR.
- Integrating VR as an innovative tool and exploring the benefits it provides to student learning development outcomes
- Exploring how to collect data and analysing the performance of VR as a learning tool
- Examining the limitations and grey areas for VR performance capabilities which have not yet been established
Simulation based learning is becoming increasingly popular as a modern teaching method, providing increased practicality to professional engagement and challenges. This panel of industry thought-leaders and practitioners will explore simulated learning across specialties.
- Managing space: Integrating simulated learning facilities into space design
- Examining how simulated learning improves student outcomes and collaboration
- Identifying challenges and strategies implemented to overcome them