Dr. Gordon Howell
Director Learning Environments and Technology Services
Queensland University of Technology (Australia)
11:00 AM CASE STUDY: Design for Delivery: Designing Innovative and Collaborative Learning Environments to Enable Students’ Development of Soft Skills and Resilience
The world is constantly changing and so is the Queensland University of Technology (QUT). The Queensland Government has built over 36 new research facilities, and underpinning that growth is a $3.6 billion investment into research infrastructures, industry and educational organisations to build leaders of the world. Directing the strategic planning, design and delivery of world-class learning and teaching environments at QUT is Dr.Gordon Howell.
He recognises the principles behind building realistic agile and flexible learning spaces and will discuss:
- Making the shift- implementing digital and flexible education strategies to enable student soft skills
- Retro-fitting existing spaces to create agile and flexible learning environments
- Strategies to achieve better future-proof learning spaces
- Observing the relationships between of space utilisation and student achievements
- Where are we going with the physical spaces?