Director, Learning Technologies
Charles Sturt University
The goal at Charles Sturt University (CSU), whether it be in digital or physical learning environments, is to create active learning experiences for our students. This presentation explores the design and delivery aspects of teaching in this paradigm from the teachers’ and students’ perspectives. It further reports on a portal used with QR codes for teaching staff to effectively access appropriate, timely and relevant information about teaching environments so that they can successfully implement well-though through designs for active learning.
- Designs for active learning from a teachers’ perspective
- Students perceptions on active learning
- One-stop access to relevant and timely physical learning environments information
Simulation based learning is becoming increasingly popular as a modern teaching method, providing increased practicality to professional engagement and challenges. This panel of industry thought-leaders and practitioners will explore simulated learning across specialties.
- Managing space: Integrating simulated learning facilities into space design
- Examining how simulated learning improves student outcomes and collaboration
- Identifying challenges and strategies implemented to overcome them
Innovative changes to teaching and learning environments are being encouraged in order to maintain student connection and engagement. This round-table discusses how the design of new environments impacts positively on learning outcomes and connection.
- Explore what facilities are most successful for engaging students
- What is limiting students from further achieving connectedness in these environments
- Strategising initiatives and designs for optimal student engagement and connection