Director, Rich Media, Digital Futures
University of Western Sydney
11:20 AM CASE STUDY: Introducing Technology-Enabled Pedagogical Practices Using a Streamlined and Hassle-Free Pod Recording Studio
The Rich Media at University of Western Sydney have developed and implemented an innovative tool for academics (soon to be utilised by students) to easily and efficiently create online content. With a focus on accessibility, easy management, and efficiency; this tool is a catalyst for large scale organisational change in digital content.
- Overcoming digital content production challenges including quickly outdating content, acoustic quality, split screen functions and self-management culture
- Integrating new technology into practice: Change-management processes and adapting to unexpected challenges
- Evaluating effectiveness and exploring the future of this technology in new generation learning spaces
3:50 PM PANEL: Considerations for Learning Space Designs as a Result of New Generation Pedagogy Paradigm Shifts
There are a growing variety of learning styles and opportunities for students today; as we accommodate these styles the pedagogy methods begin to evolve as well as learning environments. In a panel discussion, leaders in the industry explore the considerations that need to be taken into account when moving towards flexible and innovative learning space designs.
- Highlighting the direction of new Generation Learning space designs as opposed to traditional designs
- Considerations including adaptability, sustainability, and limitations